Download the transcript for this episode here.
Decisions, decisions, decisions…
Wow, it sure is easy to get overwhelmed and bogged down when it comes to making decisions. At any given moment, there are a plethora of decisions we perceive we need to make – at home, at work… But two of the most valuable things we can learn are 1. We only have so much brainpower on a given day to make decisions and 2. We don’t actually need to decide everything all at once (if at all).
This week’s episode is jam-packed with our combined experience and hard-fought wisdom in learning how to make better business decisions and sticking to them. We’ve each learned that the power of decision making in our businesses comes from a reliance on our “CEO brains” vs our precious human brains. Our precious human brains nitpick and pull apart every single decision we make and trap us in guilt, shame, fear, and all those fun sensations. That’s why we take the time to dig into why it’s crucial to make decisions PERIOD.
It’s easy to get caught up in every aspect of making decisions and much harder to accept whatever consequences follow a certain decision. Our fear doesn’t come from making a decision; our fear comes from forfeiting the other options that we perceive to be better than *insert other decision option*. Identifying bad habits and understanding our overall vision helps us to get to the point where we’re learning to make better business decisions and sticking to them.
Phew! It’s gonna be awesome. You ready?
The Journey So Far
Months in operation: 6
What We’re Talking About:
- The overwhelm behind how many decisions we perceive we need to make.
- Business is constantly evolving.
- How we get more done as a team through understanding our individual roles.
- Making decisions that work well enough so everyone can move on.
- Taking a “skills” inventory (download the What Services Should I Offer worksheet below!).
- Common fears that hold people back from diving into something new.
- Don’t stop if one decision doesn’t produce the desired results.
- Recognizing the voices inside of you that serve you and the ones that don’t.
- The fear of failing – the fear of succeeding.
What We’re Digging:
Gina – Snagit
Links & Resources Mentioned:
Rejection Therapy (Not mentioned in the episode)
To follow us on our journey, sign up for our email list or check us out wherever you love listening to podcasts.