Download the transcript for this episode here.
This episode, it’s all about our monthly income report *insert sirens and sounds from every 2000’s hip hop beat*! We’re sharing the nitty-gritty details and numbers of what the Podcast Production School brand has done since we launched in November of 2019.
The Journey So Far
Months in operation: 5
- 9/25/19: Gina, Mel & Hailey first talk about building a podcasting skills course
- 10/31/19: We get our first email list subscriber
- 11/29/19 – 12/2/19: Launch #1
- 1/25/20 – 1/27/20: Launch #2
- 1/28/20: Added a payment plan option
- 3/6-8/20: The three of us met in person for the first time at Podfest 2020 in Orlando
- 3/5/20 – 3/8/20: Launch #3
- 3/23/20: Rebranded from Podcast VAs to Podcast Production School
- 3/31/20: Transitioned from launch model to evergreen model
- 3/31/20: 787 subscribers
What We’re Talking About: March Income Report
- How we chose the price of our course and how we plan to increase it over time.
- What we’ve learned after going through 3 course launches in three months!
- Why we introduced a payment plan & the results of that decision.
- How each of us feels at total sales as of March 2020: $49,054 and net profit as of March 2020: $36, 442.
- Our thoughts on making the course evergreen.
- The truth about rebranding (why we did it and how we’re going about it.
- How we refined our messaging during a conference.
- Our experiences in hiring a content strategy consultant.
Links & Resources Mentioned
To follow us on our journey, sign up for our email list or check us out wherever you love listening to podcasts.